Thursday, April 22, 2010

a better person.

i grew up in the same house as my dad. i moved out just down the street from my dad. i always lived down the street from my dad (with in a few miles) until 2 1/2 years ago when we moved up to san luis obispo. random thought right? well track with me for a second. this morning i am laying in bed having 'cuddle time' with both my kids. i told them that this was the best part of my day. thought process chain:... i hope i never take things like this for granted... i hope i always have memories like this that stay... how many memories have i taken for granted... i miss my dad... i took living close to him for granted... i miss my dad... i wish i had treasured more of that time and not simply thought of it as just hanging out but rather as an opportunity to gleam something from him... i guess i did learn... because of him i want to cherish & treasure these memories... i want to be a better person. i grew up in the same house as my dad. i moved out just down the street from my dad. i always lived down the street from my dad (with in a few miles) until 2 1/2 years ago when we moved up to san luis obispo. random thought right?
random thought... random picture from our adventure on saturday.

0 comments: