Friday, April 23, 2010

quilted memories




i quilted this all the way back in december... it was my christmas present to my little sister. it was a labor of love. the back of the quilt is my favorite part which usually is the case! going down the back (off centered) is a 'film strip' of pictures of her and my dad. the top picture being the hospital picture of my dad holding her (each of us have one with him). the bottom picture being a picture of her and my dad in hawaii a few years ago (her favorite) and in between are cherished memories of christmas past, father-daughter banquets, vacations in pismo, sailing off the coast of africa... i cried when i gave it to her. she cried too. more important... its usable! it now sits on her couch for everyone to see. a conversations started to share precious memories of our dad.

2 comments:

Mama Mote said...

I LOVE this quilt. Makes me want to make one to with my memories and favorite pics of my dad. Very nice. Such a sweet and beautiful present for your sis. I wish I knew how to quilt. Oh, well. I can always learn.

Linda Z said...

I love it, Summer! What a beautiful, sentimental gift! I bet your sister will always treasure it!